Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrumDad50
Level 7

Access to all 50 enhanced remote IR codes

I have a Streaming Stick+ connect to a RCA RT3205-C TV.  I am trying to setup the enhanced remote to turn on/off, adjust volume, and mute the TV.  In the RCA manual, it says that its remote has a NEC format with 20DF hex coding. When I select RCA on the Stick+ for the TV type, it plays the music and allows me to go through 14 codes unsuccessfully to control the TV.  I have researched and found others who have used Seiko, LG, NEC, and a host of other TV selections to find a code that works for them.  I have tried these all.  Also, I have found that there are 50 IR codes available with the enhanced remote.  Poking through the TV brands available on the Stick+, there must be over 100 options.  Each one that I have tried only allows you to try a limited number of codes.  Is there a TV brand selection that allows you to try all 50 codes?  Or, is there a TV brand that uses the NEC 20DF format that my RCA does?  I really don't want to go through every TV brand if I don't have to.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Access to all 50 enhanced remote IR codes

@DrumDad50 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can chime in here with some insight, as he's our resident remote Community expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

I'm not sure if there is only 50 codes for all brands, or some brands have 50 different codes to themselves. Many brands do have more then one code, and there are more then 50 brands of tv out there. Its crapshoot to me. Smiley Happy

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DrumDad50
Level 7

@Tivoburkee 

I assume there are 50 codes in total for the enhanced remote. This comes from other posts that I have read.  I have only been able to access 14 at the most.  I would like to find a way to try all of the other 36 codes without having to select every TV brand available. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

I have roku tv, but I have Ultra attached, so go re-program tv even through its muting the sound I keep say no until it says try again and allows me to pick a brand I chose Toshiba, of course no hits but it went to 50 codes. So give toshiba a try. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DrumDad50
Level 7

@Tivoburkee Thanks for the suggestion. I tried setting the brand to Toshiba but the Streaming Stick+ only let me try 10 codes.  Is there a brand selection that uses a NEC 20FD format?

0 Kudos
DrumDad50
Level 7

I still have not received any new things to try to resolve this.  

0 Kudos