Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shiddykoolu
Level 8

4660x roku ultra turning off top box when turning off TV

Has anyone had any luck fixing the problem where their 4660x roku ultra turns off the top box when powering off the TV? The functionality of it turning off the TV has always been there, however it turning off the roku itself is really annoying. Every time I go to watch TV, I have to unplug and plug back in the top box, since it only powers on the TV itself, and not the box.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
twiceover
Level 13

Re: 4660x roku ultra turning off top box when turning off TV

What is the "Top Box"?

0 Kudos
shiddykoolu
Level 8

The Roku itself. 

I turn off the TV (with the Roku remote). It also shuts off the Roku (top box). When turning back on TV (with the Roku remote), it turns on TV, but not the Roku (top box) 

0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 13

So you press the power off button on your roku remote and it turns the TV off and the Roku somehow powers off?  But then pressing the button again turns the TV on but the Roku is still "off"?

That's super strange as the Roku doesn't have an "Off".  What happens if you turn the TV off using the TV's remote?  Does the Roku then turn "off"?  If so, then there must be something with CEC.  

Are both of them plugged into some sort of smart power strip where the TV turns off the other devices on the strip?

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

That power key on the remote is strictly for TV's, there is no roku power command available. If some how its powered via TV usb port or plugged into switched outlet? Try turning off hdmi cec in the tv menu.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
shiddykoolu
Level 8

Thanks all, seemed to be HDMI port related. 

0 Kudos