Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gmount4
Level 7

3920X RF or IR?

Jump to solution

I need to replace my remote and need to know which remotes are compatible with my Roku box.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 3920X RF or IR?

Jump to solution

@Gmount4 

Thanks for the post.

As @Tivoburkee and @makaiguy both mention, you will need an IR remote for your device. You can purchase a Simple Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
3920 is the latest Roku Premiere, released in 2019. It only supports an IR remote. You can get an official Roku IR remote, or you can get an inexpensive universal IR remote locally -- just be sure it says it can control Roku.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It comes with a IR remote, but you can pair voice remote to it, it just won't work with headphone jack on the remote. So get one without it. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Gmount4 

Thanks for the post.

As @Tivoburkee and @makaiguy both mention, you will need an IR remote for your device. You can purchase a Simple Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos