Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stoney3027
Level 7

3800R via xfinity stream app not able to recognize voice command for MSNBC?

Jump to solution

Voice command reply says msnbc not supported on this device? Yet, if I scroll down to channel 65 in guide Msnbc is displayed and playable upon clicking on it. Why does voice command not work? Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stoney3027
Level 7

Re: 3800R via xfinity stream app not able to recognize voice command for MSNBC?

Jump to solution

Well after almost 2 days speaking to xfinity Stream App team I finally got an answer that made sense. While I can use voice command to launch the xfinity stream app I can NOT use voice commands within the app. The commands are either not recognized, incorrectly recognized or unsupported! In other words, the Beta version of the app does not support voice commands (i.e. the code is not written yet to interface the Roku remote voice feature within the xfinity stream app!!).

Very disappointing and frustrating! To navigate to various channels within the xfinity app is purely a manual, cumbersome effort! Definitely not worth the time it will take over using the xfinity mini cable box at $6.99 per month rental fee. Oh well, I will be returning the Roku devices since the 3800R is NOT totally compatible with the xfinity stream app (contrary to xfinity/Roku claims otherwise, at least not the voice feature of the Roku device.

As they say. live and learn!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Stoney3027
Level 7

Re: 3800R via xfinity stream app not able to recognize voice command for MSNBC?

Jump to solution

Well after almost 2 days speaking to xfinity Stream App team I finally got an answer that made sense. While I can use voice command to launch the xfinity stream app I can NOT use voice commands within the app. The commands are either not recognized, incorrectly recognized or unsupported! In other words, the Beta version of the app does not support voice commands (i.e. the code is not written yet to interface the Roku remote voice feature within the xfinity stream app!!).

Very disappointing and frustrating! To navigate to various channels within the xfinity app is purely a manual, cumbersome effort! Definitely not worth the time it will take over using the xfinity mini cable box at $6.99 per month rental fee. Oh well, I will be returning the Roku devices since the 3800R is NOT totally compatible with the xfinity stream app (contrary to xfinity/Roku claims otherwise, at least not the voice feature of the Roku device.

As they say. live and learn!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos