Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 3800R Streaming Stick Horrible Remote Control Experience

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

These remote controls are a failed design. They use batteries literally like no other remote I've ever used. Roku refuses to make it right with it's customers. I'm giving them until February to make it right or I'm filing a claim against Roku. I believe the WiFi on the remote stays in constant search for the device. You might as well but a universal remote but that isn't the point. The point is we bought a device that works inadequately.  I've replaced my batteries every 3-4 weeks. Batteries in a remote should last about 1 year.  Roku sent me an email with a link on how to save battery life. An email like that to a 50 year old that's used more batteries in his lifetime than the person responding to my email. I don't think so. See you in court Roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Apparently the fix for your issue was to replace the remote?

I have the exact, word for word, frustrating problem with the remote for my Roku streaming stick, which I purchased in Dec for Christmas.  Over the last few weeks I have become increasingly frustrated as the remote works fine for one moment and stops working the next for a few moments.

I looked at all these issues that others have and it seems that the solution is to just get a replacement.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

OP here. To set things clear, Roku did reach out to us and they've sent a replacement remote shorty after the first post was, well... posted. The replacement worked, and still is I presume, way better than the old remote. Anyone having same issues, I suggest contacting Roku, getting a support case number, and if things don't work out at first (as in our case), I suggest posting about it here on the forums. Tanner will take care of you, as he did in our case. Thumbs up! In the meantime, we bought Caavo (unrelated to the Roku issue, mind you - we just needed something to replace our TV, Roku, FireTV remotes and Xbox controller when watching movies). If everything fails, I suggest you do the same. But, to be clear, replacement Roku remote that was sent to us worked as advertised. There you go. Hope you resolve your issues in a satisfactory manner. We did. Thanks to Tanner once more. Happy new year, y'all!

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

UPDATE:  Since Roku sent a replacement remote I haven't experienced any of these issues any longer so thank you for the replacement.  I regret that we all had to suffer through the same frustration.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Can you please issue me a new roku device? Mine does not work at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Aolson12 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are having issues with your remote connectivity, we would recommend following the troubleshooting steps provided on our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve your connectivity issue after following the troubleshooting steps, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos