Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaesaR
Level 7

3800R Remote Connection Issue

Hi,

I purchased a Roku 3800 with the TV Power/Volume remote. Over the last month, it has stopped connecting to the remote. After trying to connect multiple times, I got frustrated and plugged in my 3600 stick. Strangely, the 3600 paired right up with the remote for 3800 so now I know that the remote for the 3800 is fine as it connects to 3600. My problem is that now I am not able to use 3800. Any idea what to do? 3600  works with both remotes (original and the new one from 3800), but 3600 wouldn't connect to either. 

Thanks,

Shwet

0 Kudos
7 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: 3800R Remote Connection Issue

If the 3800 will still connect to your network, you could use the phone app to control it, access the menu on the Roku, and attempt to re-pair it from the Roku. Naturally, if it's lost its network connection that won't work. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
CaesaR
Level 7

Thanks. In my attempt to fix the pairing issue, I reset the 3800 stick. So now it isn't connected to my WiFi so I can't use the Roku app!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@CaesaR wrote:

Thanks. In my attempt to fix the pairing issue, I reset the 3800 stick. So now it isn't connected to my WiFi so I can't use the Roku app!

Nope. The app worked over the network. It can't connect directly to the Roku itself. That would be a great feature to add to a future product, since they all have a WiFi radio in them.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@CaesaR 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CaesaR
Level 7

Thank you. I tried all of those steps earlier and again today and the stick just does not connect. It stays stuck on the "pair your remote" screen. Both remotes work and have new batteries (they both pair to 3600 stick), but neither pair to the new stick (3800). Seems like there is something wrong with the 3800 stick itself. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@CaesaR 

Thanks for the information.

I have sent you a PM with more troubleshooting steps to help resolve your issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CaesaR
Level 7

Thank you Danny. I just replied to your message. 

0 Kudos