Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
USR1973

3600x replacement remote

Jump to solution

I have lost my remote for my 3600x streaming stick. Cannot use my mobile app anymore because my network has changed and I need the remote to update the settings. Any way to get a new remote sent to me??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 3600x replacement remote

Jump to solution

@USR1973 

Thanks for the post.

You can purchase a Voice Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@USR1973 

Thanks for the post.

You can purchase a Voice Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Mike813

Jump to solution

Roku 3600x Remote will not connect. I pushed the reset on stick, get the start up screen & can't get the remote to pair.  I have another 3600X unit and it wont pair with that remote either. 

Prior to this issue the stick would constantly lose connection to wi-fi - do you think the stick has finally died.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with my Roku stick model 3600x and have since moved thus different wifi network.
I cannot pair newly purchased voice remote. Even though the pairing screen briefly appears and
seems to connect, the remote will not control anything once that is done. I've tried pairing, restarting, swapping batteries and still will not pair.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

A full factory reset can be tried by holding down the Reset button for no less than 30 seconds. That may resolve the issue.

Keep in mind the 3600 model is from 2016, and may be nearing the end of its life. That would be a shame, but if you do end up replacing it, the current Stick+ is a very good device, and noticeably faster.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Jump to solution

The factory reset has been applied so I'm assuming the issue remains with pairing only and the stick is still fine. will try getting the remote paired with a relative's newer roku tv/box. Hopefully this will allow a firmware update to the remote and do the trick. 

PS: model num: 

stick= 3600X

Original remote=  RC83

new remote RC-EL1

bk9bk9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A new voice remote will not work with a 3600 streaming stick unless the stick is updated to the latest software....and there's no way to do that without the old remote.  The stick will pair to the voice remote, but the buttons don't work.  My solution:  I borrowed a neighbors old-style remote, paired it to the stick, and used that remote to connect to the network and update the software on the stick.  Then I paired the new voice remote to the stick and it worked properly.  Then i gave my neighbor her remote back, but I had to pair it back to her stick.  Easy, lol.  

Ikhalaf

Jump to solution

I bought a roku voice remote pro. It's starts to pair but never finishes pairing. What's up with this thing not pairing. Bought it new at best buy

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ikhalaf 

You sure you have 3600 stick? What color is it? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ikhalaf

Jump to solution

Yes it's a black slinder stick that plugs in

0 Kudos