Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelissaW
Reel Rookie

Re: 3 out of 5 remotes need batteries changed every week!

Jump to solution

My remote won't hold charge with batteries. X00400U7D2KS is the serial number. what is the solution. Your customer service is very confusing. Why isn't there just a support person you can talk to instead of going through all these threads.

0 Kudos
MelissaW
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

X00400U7D2KS  [personal information removed] I am totally confused with this customer service. Please email me regarding this issue

0 Kudos
carrikerhh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had/have the same issue with 3 Roku sticks using the RC-EL1 remotes. The batteries only die when the stick is powered from the TV, if you plug the stick into the outlet adapter, the remote batteries do not die. I did significant troubleshooting for Roku on the matter and they have not yet provided a solution/resolution.

So check your remotes for the RC-EL1 model # and try plugging them into the power adapter. Other model remotes after binding to the stick, do not exhibit this short battery life problem. The remote is the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MelissaW

Thanks for the post.

For future reference, when providing personal information, please send that information in a private message (PM).

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos