Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tenbucks
Level 9

2019 Ultra remote button sticking as button elongates and sticks on the side of case

Jump to solution

I watch a lot of YouTube so the remote gets a lot more up and down presses and after just a month, the soft part has elongated enough that it now rubs on the sides and sticks.

Anyone else seeing this? Was going to return it for a new one but don't see the point since it appears they made the molds without adequate clearance. Will probably just shave a bit off unless I hear something else that makes more sense. My return window on Amazon ends at the end of January. I've had Rokus with soft buttons since 2017 but this is the first time I've experienced this.

ultra remote.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tenbucks
Level 9

Re: 2019 Ultra remote button sticking as button elongates and sticks on the side of case

Jump to solution

I did eventually contact them to request a new remote and they sent it. Not sure the same thing won't happen again but it's been 3 weeks and so far so good so perhaps they increased the opening a bit.

I then did manage to get the old one apart by removing the one screw and gently prying all around with an old credit card. Going forward, I'll just use a nail clipper file to enlarge the opening a bit now that I know it can come apart without snapping some latching tabs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tenbucks
Level 9

Re: 2019 Ultra remote button sticking as button elongates and sticks on the side of case

Jump to solution

Can't edit the post any more but forgot to mention that you'll hear it clicking before you notice it's also sticking. 

EDIT: Hmm, seems I was just logged out for some reason.

0 Kudos
rade
Level 7

Jump to solution

same problem. roku should replace defective remotes

0 Kudos
tenbucks
Level 9

Jump to solution

I did eventually contact them to request a new remote and they sent it. Not sure the same thing won't happen again but it's been 3 weeks and so far so good so perhaps they increased the opening a bit.

I then did manage to get the old one apart by removing the one screw and gently prying all around with an old credit card. Going forward, I'll just use a nail clipper file to enlarge the opening a bit now that I know it can come apart without snapping some latching tabs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos