Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rivratdebi
Level 7

2 Roku devices on same tv

I have 2 roku devices on the same tv, but the remotes control both devices and keeps switching devices every time i press a button. This is not good. How can i separate the remotes to only work on one device?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 2 Roku devices on same tv

If they only accept IR commands then you can't do a thing. If the roku's can be paired with a wifi remote, then you will have to switch both to a wifi voice remote and abandon the IR roku remotes for good. What are your roku's name and model numbers? You have express in your signature, what model of express? If its a 3700 you're out of luck because it can't be paired with a wifi remote, only IR remotes. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rivratdebi
Level 7

I know that one of the remotes has a pairing button but the other does not. I had to get a new Roku because my first one no longer supports Hulu, but it also has things that the new one does not support.... I was very happy with Roku until now. I may have to abandon one but I'm not happy about it. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If one is a Wi-Fi Direct remote (with a pairing button) and the other is an IR remote (without pairing button) just hide the unit that uses the Wi-Fi Direct remote out of sight or cover the IR sensor with a piece of black tape.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos