Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

100 in bar on upper right of tv when pressing sound toggle

My remote (express+) will no longer control volume. When either up or down are pushed on the side of the remote, a sound symbol in a purple circle shows in the upper right side of the tv with "100" beside it. It is suggested that the remote be disassembled to "unstick" the up volume side of it. The problem is that there are no screws to allow disassembly, and it really doesn't make sense since it happens with both up and down. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: 100 in bar on upper right of tv when pressing sound toggle

The volume keys either work or doesn't work, the IR commands don't change unless its controlling a different brand. Its the TV or the Express that receiving the volume commands and putting up a different graphic. Try unplugging each, both the tv and the express.

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 19

Are you using a remote with a headphone jack on it? If you are it won't work, and there might be something in the headphone jack of remote?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

It does not have a headphone jack.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks tivoburkee...we turned the tv back on with the basic tv remote, since the roku remote wouldn't talk to it. The roku home came up and we went to settings/remote... went through "is the music playing (yes)...has the music stopped playing? (No)" went "no" several times and it gave us a code...clicked on it and it corrected the problem. Hope this helps someone else.

Highlighted
Level 7

This worked for me thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

AMAZING!  IT WORKED!  My poor child was being blamed for doing something to the remote.  Lol.  Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos