Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

unauthorized content

Jump to solution

Sorry if this has been covered, but couldn't figure out how to post in existing topic. My problem is one many have had - for no apparent reason I started getting the purple screen unauthorized content message. Everything works up to trying to watch any content on any service. There is audio but no picture. I did all the suggested fixes. I tried  different ROKU model and a different product (Amazon). All presented the same problem. They all work on a different TV, including my first ROKU (Express). 

Is there anything left to do to get rid of the HDCP content issue, given the cable is fine, the stick is fine, etc. This is now compounded as I am upgrading my Fios cable TV and router, and the new set top box is HDMI to HDMI connections.

I am hoping this doesn't mean needing a new TV, as I would hate to part with my Pioneer Elite Plasma.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: unauthorized content

Jump to solution

@josj 

Thanks for the note.

For information on HDCP errors and how to troubleshoot, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@josj 

Thanks for the note.

For information on HDCP errors and how to troubleshoot, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku menu