Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leval
Level 7

unable to start hbo max first run movies, everything else starts fine.

My only problem is with the first run movies like Zack Snyder's Justice League or In The Heights.  All other movies and series work fine.  Uninstalled and reinstalled app.  Running latest OS.  Uninstalled Roku and reinstalled.  No dice.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: unable to start hbo max first run movies, everything else starts fine.

@leval wrote:

My only problem is with the first run movies like Zack Snyder's Justice League or In The Heights.  All other movies and series work fine.  Uninstalled and reinstalled app.  Running latest OS.  Uninstalled Roku and reinstalled.  No dice.

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this? Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos