Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Herbie67
Level 7

Re: ultra 4800 (2020) unit playback issues - Is roku support a joke/non existent?

Jump to solution

I too decided after buying 4 for myself and another 6 to family to invest in a supposed great deal for a Roku Ultra for $70. My others are $29 Roku Express. This is the 1st time it happened all other video's have not had a problem with. We had a zoom party for my 13 year old granddaughter and posted it to watch on my large screen TV with the Ultra. Immediately received the error020 tried everything written nothing, brought the less expensive Express to that TV and works fine. Trying to find support is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Would love to get my money back for not so ultra and live with the express wondering how I can?

0 Kudos
kutty
Level 7

Re: ultra 4800 (2020) unit playback issues - Is roku support a joke/non existent?

Jump to solution

i think the,Roku support is based in India or Phillipines,both are really bad in providing tech support and if you want to return a faulty device or need warranty service,good luck with that as well!

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

Jump to solution

@gtsh0pp3r wrote:

tech issue: I own 4 roku streaming devices and just bought my first ultra 4800. Ultra unit has pixelation always when connected with a nic, and randomly over wifi. This unit is closet to the router/mesh and has issues, and all other roku sticks over wireless throughout the house playback flawless. Went through the gamut of tshooting steps with chat support. 

real issue: roku support is horrendous at providing.....support. I was happy that chat was available and went through a long session of basic troubleshooting, nothing got fixed. I was told a next tier support person would call me. Well no call. Also, no email. Then behold, two weeks later I get an email, and their export support gives me a canned response to run the updater. We did this already in the first call, surely ye jest. My reply to support was not a happy one. Then I get another reply that they will be back to me after they investigate. What the **bleep** is support going to investigate? They didnt ask for logs, or do any advanced tshooting, nor did they remotely troubleshoot anything?

This is horrendous and the worst support model ever. I know I have a faulty unit but looks like you need to know the CEO to maybe get any help.

Do I seriously have to dump my roku investment because of the awful support?  

Remember, during this pandemic, many employers have cut back, and there was an announcement at the beginning of this pandemic that Roku cut back on their support staff.   It might have a more reliable connection over a WIFI network than any other source. 

0 Kudos
rbalzum
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just like I did.

0 Kudos
Tckrgl79
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine has recently started doing this just going in and out and I've been contacting at&t about my service because they are the isp but they too talk about tiers and so does Apple support and I've never heard of these tiers before ...also my device has been compromised by a third party redirecting ALL of my internet requests are you having this too?..I believe I could be being redirected to the same call center when I call due to redirects and the problem I cannot disable call forwarding on any of my cell phones....

0 Kudos
torbrooks
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've experienced problems with my 2020 4800.  Constant lockups and it spontaneously reboots or I have to reboot it myself.  Tried wifi, Ethernet, new HDMI cables and direct power.  Moved it to a different room and also took it to my son's house with gigabit speed.  Issue stays with the unit.  

Absolutely no support and have been directed through the same innocuous steps you have all been subjected to.  I have purchased close to 20 rokus for myself and family and have never had an issue with any of them.  

This thing is a lemon.  If it is not replaced at their cost or fixed via firmware, I'm done with them. 

I've already purchased an Nvidia shield and like it but  I am still partial to the layout and simplicity of Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@torbrooks

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information regarding the issue you are experiencing? What are you doing when this issue occurs? Does this issue occur on a specific channel?

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos