Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacoream
Reel Rookie

tcl roku tv keeps opening vudu app wont do anything else.

Jump to solution

t.v. turns itself on and opens the vudu app. no matter what i try it just keeps auto loading vudu. I cant access the menu or any options and my mobile app wont load the channels that are on my tv. I tried a hard reset and set the tv up like it was new and the second it finished setup it opened the vudu app before i could do anything. the light on the tv that lights up when you push the remote is flashing really fast. i hope someone can help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jacoream
Reel Rookie

Re: tcl roku tv keeps opening vudu app wont do anything else.

Jump to solution

i figured it out by unplugging the hdmi2 output it fixed itself. im not sure what happened but its working. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
jacoream
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i figured it out by unplugging the hdmi2 output it fixed itself. im not sure what happened but its working. 

0 Kudos
nandar

Jump to solution

Same issue but have no hdmi plugged in and can't get it to stop.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@nandar

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you have a Vudu quick launch button on your remote? If so, have you tried removing the batteries in your remote to see if the issue still occurs? Have you checked to see if the Vudu button is stuck or lodged?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jennab9

Jump to solution

Mine switches to Vudu when I have another channel running and the tv turns itself on to Vudu.. and also keeps sending a pop up over my screen saying "close *app I'm currently using* and launch vudu?" "Continue" "Cancel". Nobody is touching the remote. Took Vudu off of my channels.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jennab9

Thanks for the post.

If you remove the batteries from your remote, do you still see this issue occur?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Burso
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I started having the same problem at 4:30 AM. The TV turned itself on and went to the vudu app and making an obnoxious noise. I unplugged it when that happened. Got home this evening 12 hours later and plugged it back in and it continues to do the same thing. Wondering if it got a software update in the middle of the night and it didn’t take. Can’t seem to do anything because of it. Now vudu quick launch on remote and took remote out of room and it continues to happen. Any other ideas? I’m about to put my fist through this TV. 

0 Kudos
jacoream
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When my tv did that I unplugged all the inputs, my cable box, xbox etc. Then when I turned it back on without anything plugged in it was fixed. I then plugged everything back in and no more problems. I hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Burso
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks but I have nothing to unplug. I’m streaming only??? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Burso
Thanks for the post.

Is there a Vudu shortcut button on your Roku device remote by any chance?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos