Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hotpotato
Level 7

suspiciously warm roku while idle

I was going to ask Roku support about this through their ticket system but looks like the ticket system might be closed due to the current pandemic and they are referring everyone to their help articles and forum community for support.

We had an old Roku model something LT that was crashing a lot for unclear reasons so we went to Best Buy and bought a new Roku Premiere (3920). I set it up a couple days ago without any trouble. Today I noticed it is quite warm while idle. I accessed its secret menu to check its temperature. The readout says 89 F and the colored bar next to the temperature is yellow. I don't know how hot it will get while being used but having a yellow temperature bar while doing nothing seems ominous. Is this going to be a problem? Might it have temperature issues during use and have playback issues?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
hotpotato
Level 7

Re: suspiciously warm roku while idle

We streamed a show for a bit. The stream is probably 720 or 1080p. The TV doesn't go above 1080p. I used a temperature gun to check the temperature of the case and found a place on the Roku case that is 109 F.

0 Kudos