Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
closeke
Level 7

streaming stick plus won't boot up

Jump to solution

come up with R-O-K-U flashing and then starts over i can't seem to get a number for tech support i just got this the first of the year so it is nearly new

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: streaming stick plus won't boot up

Jump to solution

@closeke wrote:

how do i talk to a live person on the phone this is frustrating.  

You won't. But this community/forum will likely be able to help you with it, if you'll let us.

If it's stuck on the bouncing Roku logo, and what you've tried doesn't fix it (or keep the fix) it may be time to try a factory reset. There's a reset button on the Stick+, and you'll need to (while plugged in, of course) press the button and hold it continuously for NO LESS THAN 30 SECONDS. That capitalization is for emphasis, it's that important.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
renojim

Jump to solution

First question - are you using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port?  If not, give the supplied power adapter a try.

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
closeke
Level 7

Jump to solution

i am using the supplied power adapter, but for testing i hooked to usb on tv and got a lower power message and red light so went back to the supplied usb adapter also tried on another tv with the same result.  acted goofy the day before and would bring up Netflix's said i need to remove the channel and add it back.  i unplugged it and then it worked 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

I'm confused.  So is it working now or are you saying it worked before but not now?

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
closeke
Level 7

Jump to solution

the day before it quit working is when i had to reboot it to get it working, it was telling me to uninstall the channel.  i didn't do that i rebooted it and then it work that day.  the next day is when it will not boot up to home screen just keeps loading and it is using the usb power adaptor.  same result on different tv.  how do i talk to a live person on the phone this is frustrating.  it is not WORKING NOW 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@closeke wrote:

how do i talk to a live person on the phone this is frustrating.  

You won't. But this community/forum will likely be able to help you with it, if you'll let us.

If it's stuck on the bouncing Roku logo, and what you've tried doesn't fix it (or keep the fix) it may be time to try a factory reset. There's a reset button on the Stick+, and you'll need to (while plugged in, of course) press the button and hold it continuously for NO LESS THAN 30 SECONDS. That capitalization is for emphasis, it's that important.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/

Note: I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
closeke
Level 7

Jump to solution

thank you the factory reset fixed it, do u have any idea why i needed to reset it?

0 Kudos