Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaujaai

streambar frozen remote totally unresponsive

Jump to solution

I have a roku streambar which suddenly has frozen and is unresponsive, remote doesn't do anything either. I have done a hard factory reset several times without resolution. Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fluke
Roku Guru

Re: streambar frozen remote totally unresponsive

Jump to solution

Did you ever configure the remote to power on/off the TV?  If you did, does it still work to turn on/off the tv?

Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote with fresh ones?

If you have a multimeter, can you confirm each battery produces at least 1.4 volts or higher?

While the battery cover is still off but the batteries are put in, have you tried holding down the pairing button for 5 seconds until the green led next to the button turns on?

Is there a solid white light on the front of the Streambar?

Does the TV have more than one HDMI port?  Do you get a picture if you plug it temporarily into a different HDMI input than the HDMI ARC port?

Do you have another HDMI cord?  Do you get a picture if you replace the HDMI cord?

Do you have a multimeter?  Is the AC/DC power adapter producing the expected 12 volts?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
fluke
Roku Guru

Re: streambar frozen remote totally unresponsive

Jump to solution

Did you ever configure the remote to power on/off the TV?  If you did, does it still work to turn on/off the tv?

Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote with fresh ones?

If you have a multimeter, can you confirm each battery produces at least 1.4 volts or higher?

While the battery cover is still off but the batteries are put in, have you tried holding down the pairing button for 5 seconds until the green led next to the button turns on?

Is there a solid white light on the front of the Streambar?

Does the TV have more than one HDMI port?  Do you get a picture if you plug it temporarily into a different HDMI input than the HDMI ARC port?

Do you have another HDMI cord?  Do you get a picture if you replace the HDMI cord?

Do you have a multimeter?  Is the AC/DC power adapter producing the expected 12 volts?

0 Kudos
KathyW1013

Re: remote totally unresponsive

Jump to solution

Hi,

My roku remote is not responsive. I have repeatedly tried unplugging the roku, the tv, I've taken new batteries out and reinserted them. Still nothing. I tried repairing the remote with the stick. Still nothing. The tv is frozen on the home page. I also restarted my modem.

Please tell me how to fix this. I have wasted so much time already.

Thank you.

Kathy

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: remote totally unresponsive

Jump to solution

Hello @KathyW1013!

Welcome to the Roku Community! 

We appreciate your efforts to troubleshoot your remote, and we're here to help you out.

Please be advised that Roku devices come with various remote models and pairing processes. To identify the type of remote you have and to check how to pair it properly, please visit our support page here: How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote. Additionally, you can also refer to this support article for troubleshooting options if your Roku voice remote is not working: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working.

We hope this information helps you resolve any issues you're experiencing with your Roku remote. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos