Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halretire
Level 7

strange behaviour of my new Roku Ultra

I just purchased a Roku Ultra. I've installed it and it plays fine, however it seems to exhibit a strange behaviour.
My setup is into my A/V receiver into HDMI port 1 is my DVD player, into HDMI port 2 is my cable box, into HDMI port 3 is my ROKU. If after watching TV from my cable box (HDMI port 2) I turn everything off, and later turn it back on everything is fine the video from cable is on, after 30 seconds to 1 minute the video feed switches to HDMI port 3 and the Roku. the A/V receiver shows that it has switched to port 3.
Does anyone know what is going on with this. Did I miss something in the setup?
BTW I switched ports 2 and 3 with the cable box on 3 and the Roku on 2. The same thing happened turn everything on the TV shows video from the cable box (HDMI 3) and then all of a sudden it switches to HDMI 2.
Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mike_s
Level 8

Re: strange behaviour of my new Roku Ultra

It may go away after your Roku updates. Otherwise, try turning "Settings/System/Control other devices/1-touch play" off.
0 Kudos
halretire
Level 7

"mike.s" wrote:
It may go away after your Roku updates. Otherwise, try turning "Settings/System/Control other devices/1-touch play" off.

Just now had a chance to try this. I turned off the 1-touch play and it had no effect whatever on the problem. My last software update was on 2 FEB 2018. I checked about newer updates and there were none. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep looking, maybe there is another idea out there.
Thanks again mike.s
0 Kudos
halretire
Level 7

Just tried it again, this time I did a restart on the Roku. That along with the 1-touch Play flag seems to have fixed that problem.

Thanks again..
0 Kudos