Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
okidokimjr

sound volume on commercials

hello roku users  i have had my roku device for 7 years love it   the problem is new roku channel   the commercial sound is triple the volume  come on roku you must be aware of this  please fix it   love the roku but i stopped using the roku channel so what do you gain by allowing this   thankyou,  michael

5 REPLIES 5
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: sound volume on commercials

You didn't mention your Roku model # or firmware version:  Settings/System/About

You could try using Roku's sound leveling feature (if available): 

During playback, press Options (*)/Volume Mode/Leveling

https://support.roku.com/article/226802507

If your device is too old/doesnt support Volume Modes, consider upgrading:

https://my.roku.com/upgrade/

0 Kudos
Rhonda2398
Reel Rookie

It doesn't matter what shows on my paid Roku (2020 year thru 2023) as soon as a commercial comes on the volume is louder then the show. I have to find my remote to mute the TV before it scares my pets or anyone sleeping. I know commercials pay you but it's horrible. There use to be a law controlling this situation. Guess I'll Google that law. So far Google's ads are quite.

0 Kudos
TorianEC
Streaming Star

i totally agree with Michael. Back in the old days before streaming, the FCC allowed commercials to be something like 10% louder than the show. No surprise that this is now happening when streaming on every channel I watch that has commercials.

I live in an apartment and watch TV late at night. I try to be respectful of my neighbors. seems like all streaming has to do these days is make things more and more irritating.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
TorianEC
Streaming Star

do you want us to do something manually that you could control if you so chose?

makes absolutely absolutely no sense to me.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings, Community Users!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

No worries. We hear you and are more than willing to review this concern further.

May we please know what specific commercial you are referring to? Does this happen to all of the commercial prompts? In addition, have you tried to adjust your volume leveling by visiting our Support article on How to use volume modes on your Roku® streaming device? If not, we highly recommend it. 

Furthermore, if you could provide us with a video of it for reference, that would be a big help. We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos