Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

sound is broken up (a slight warble).

My Roku Ultra, model no. 4660X, was working great for a couple of years. However for the last two weeks the sound is broken up. Using the same source , the sound through my Amazon firestick 4K is normal and through my older Roku is normal. The problem is limited to the Roku Ultra and independent of the source (Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc.)

10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: sound is broken up (a slight warble).

I have the same problem, and can't find anything in support to help.  I have to totally unplug it, and then the sound clears up but it's very annoying.

Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem.  Power on/off works for several days.  Judging from others with the same problem it's obviously a Roku hardware or software problem that they should fix.

Highlighted

I have the same issue once or twice a week.  I do a system restart and the sound is back to normal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue. After Power off/on it fixes the issue, but this seems to have just started  a week or two ago. Noticed the problem on SirusXM app, but also on other things as well. Model 4660X2.

Does Roku monitor these forums, or should we open a ticket. I am guessing they may be busy due to Covid-19, so if they acknowledge this issue in forums we won't have to bother with Support.

If not, I guess it's an email or phone call. Thanks.

Highlighted
Level 7

Sound is affected after on for awhile,cause my roku does not turn off when tv is

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here - have to do power cycle to get it to clear up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: sound goes out completely several times a day & night..

We lose the sound completely, and have to cycle the power off wait a few seconds and turn unit back on. The length of time this works varies from a few minutes to a couple of hours. We also have problems with the audio lagging behind what the actors are saying so we have to restart the show from the beginning. Maybe this is a streaming issue over a DSL connection? ROKU please fix this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

bought Roku last week, sound is very warbly today.  regular tv is great sound.  what should i do?

Highlighted

When we have that problem I restart the Roku unit.  It always fixes the problem.   We haven't had the sound problem in several weeks.   We used to have the issue once a week. 

0 Kudos