Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

sound doesn't work but nothing has changed

volume and sound worked fine last night when i turned off TV. this morning it was garbled a bit, but thought it was wife issues. tonight no volume/sound, nothing has changed and i have checked everything! help

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: sound doesn't work but nothing has changed

I have the same problem.  Audio worked up through evening of 9/19/2020, but this AM, no sound.  Can get noise from TV while trying to troubleshoot, but no audio from any program on Hulu or BritBox.  Version 9.3 of software is loaded.  Does anyone have a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Found the solution!  After much searching around Roku.com and a recording on the Roku phone that said they are no longer providing tech support due to the situation, I found out that you can solve the lack of audio issue by:

- unplug the power to the roku base

- remove batteries from remote (check to see if they are still good)

- plug in the power to the roku base

- inside the battery location on the remote press small resync button and watch for light to blink

- give the roku device a little time to resync and then the audio and video should reappear

Highlighted
Level 7

Worked for me. Many thanks!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I took the batteries out but I do not see any button to push for re sync

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

On my remote the button is visible after u take the battery cover off the remote. As u r looking at the back of the cover less remote it is underneath the R battery. 

0 Kudos