Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Di2beach
Level 7

screen blank and says Mode not supported

I recently upgraded to a Roku Express.  It worked for a couple of weeks then the screen went blank in the middle of a Netflix movie.  I have tried many things but the screen is always blank and says Mode not Supported.  How do I fix this?

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: screen blank and says Mode not supported

My first suggestion would be to try a different HDMI port in your TV (assuming you have more than one), and you could also try a different HDMI cable. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Nirmal1
Level 7

Is there no particular solution to this???. I can still listen to youtube and other audios through remote audio.  Does that mean my roku 3 is partially ruined????? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@Nirmal1 wrote:

Is there no particular solution to this???. I can still listen to youtube and other audios through remote audio.  Does that mean my roku 3 is partially ruined????? 

There are two different versions of the Roku 3. One is over 5 years old and the other is over 7. Has it failed? Certainly a possibility. But without knowing your particulars it's tough to say. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos