Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

screen blackout

No matter what channel that I am on, the screen will black out for a couple seconds and then come back on. This happens every couple of minutes. Any answeres?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: screen blackout

Does this happen when the programs you watch go into and/or out of commercial breaks?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No matter what channel that I am on, the screen will black out for a couple seconds and then come back on. This happens every couple of minutes.    I have the Roku Premiere.  I am new to all of this.  It worked perfect the first day but the next day this issue started.  I have had the Roku 1 week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@rnortham 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable that is used to connect your device, as well as using another HDMI port on your TV to see if that resolves the issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I unplugged it for several minutes.  When I plugged it in a few days ago, it has worked well so far.  I thought about changing the HDMI ports and if it happens it again, will try that.

Thanks for responding.

0 Kudos