Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chuck556
Level 7

rouk ultra 4661RW

Just bought a roku ultra 4661RW I connected it to my LG 65in OLED tv  using HDMI #4.  The other HDMI inputs  #1 thru #3 are being used by cable box, blue ray player, and digital recorder.  When I'm watching regular tv on HDMI #1 and switch to the roku HDMI #4 I don't have a signal from the roku.  I have to go into setting and hit restart on the roku before it start showing it's connected. If I hit the power button the roku it turns the tv off.  With the roku plugged into a wall outlet why isn't it on all the time?  How do I go about bypassing the power button on the roku remote to keep it from turning off the tv?  It's a pain in the rear trying to keep with all the remotes.  I don't have a problem with my other roku streaming sticks+ on my other tv just hitting the input will change to a different programs source.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: rouk ultra 4661RW

"Chuck556" wrote:
 Just bought a roku ultra 4661RW I connected it to my LG 65in OLED tv  using HDMI #4.  The other HDMI inputs  #1 thru #3 are being used by cable box, blue ray player, and digital recorder.  When I'm watching regular tv on HDMI #1 and switch to the roku HDMI #4 I don't have a signal from the roku.  I have to go into setting and hit restart on the roku before it start showing it's connected. If I hit the power button the roku it turns the tv off.  With the roku plugged into a wall outlet why isn't it on all the time?  How do I go about bypassing the power button on the roku remote to keep it from turning off the tv?  It's a pain in the rear trying to keep with all the remotes.  I don't have a problem with my other roku streaming sticks+ on my other tv just hitting the input will change to a different programs source.

The power button on the Roku Ultra is for the TV, not for the Roku. The Roku doesn't have a power off button or switch.

The part of what you wrote that is an actual issue seems to be that you say you have to restart the Roku to watch stuff. That's unexpected.

Have you tried using a different HDMI input? You see, it could be the input on the TV, not the Roku. Switching to a different HDMI input would confirm or refute that.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos