Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BMadison3

Re: "Protected content license error" on Roku Ultra ONLY

Jump to solution

Any idea when this problem will be resolved? I disconnected my FireTV and was so excited to hook up my new Roku Ultra. It worked for a bit and then the “protected license content error” message kept coming up and knocking out the video. I can hear the audio from the source (AppleTV, Prime Video, Netflix, etc.) but no video, just the error message screen. I can get back to the Home Screen, but that’s it. I’m so frustrated and disappointed at this point.

0 Kudos
gcurrie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

BMadison, first of all, Roku has NOT admitted there IS a problem since doing a purported code fix in June 2021 (about which they refuse to give ANY details). So your question will never get answered as Roku doesn't admit there is a current problem.

I would advise customers who are waiting and waiting for resolution from Roku to post your opinions and experiences online for the benefit of potential customers. Roku is unresponsive here so you'll probably need to go elsewhere.

Roku Ultra (4800), Roku Premiere
0 Kudos
GMac
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if yours has started working, but mine did.  One day anything that used DRM (license server) was broke, the next day it was working with no changes I did.  I'd checked for updates multiple times, rebooted multiple times, removed and reinstalled the channels over and over again and it still wasn't working.

I did check our Roku Premiere+.  The firmware number is the same, but now the build is 4201.

0 Kudos
Chebb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When will this issue be resolved?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Chebb

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reed2763
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Solved I removed some new screen savers I downloaded and restarted the TV an it worked for me

0 Kudos