Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LanaJeany

Re: "Protected content license error" on Roku Ultra ONLY

Jump to solution

I have been having this same problem for months.  I have tried everything people have mentioned on several forums.  I have contacted Disney+ and Roku Customer Service about this issue.  There will be times when the problem will finally get resolved only to get the error message again a few days later.  It makes  no sense.  Nothing had changed between the time the problem was solved to when I get the error message again.  Roku says this is a Disney+ issue but when I talk to Disney+, they say it's a Roku issue.  Please advise!   I have a Sony OLED Bravia 4K TV and Roku Ultra.  Disney+ is the only app on Roku that is giving me this problem.  

0 Kudos
gcurrie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did you read through the thread? It is a Roku Ultra issue. They will be issuing an update someday. It looks like they do major updates twice a year (spring and fall) but I don't know when this specific fix will show up. Hopefully it will appear by this summer.

Roku Ultra (4800), Roku Premiere
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue trying to play a movie on Disney+. I’ve never seen this error before today.  I have Roku express. So obviously it’s not just an issue with Roku ultra.

0 Kudos
gcurrie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well, I don't own an Express. Sorry for starting a thread about MY problem and not making sure that it covered ALL Roku devices ever made. Smiley Frustrated

Why don't you start your own thread and do the work to alert Roku that this issue exists on YOUR device?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding the issue you are experience.

As stated previously in this thread, we believe we have found the cause of the issue and expect this to be resolved in a future update for all Roku devices.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stewartx2

Jump to solution

What is the fix for this. I see others having this problem a month ago. Mine was fine and now today I cannot play Disney+

0 Kudos
gcurrie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Apparently you are unable to read. The fix will be in a future update.

0 Kudos
darcyr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Chiming in here to see if there's been any progress on this issue. When is the update going to be available?

0 Kudos
njcolby

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I am having the exact same issue.  I have been using Roku for 5+ years.  Never had a critical issue like this.  Never had a reason to create a community username and post to the forum.  Do we have any updates on the issue or when a fix is expected?  It has been three months since this thread was opened.  Discovery+, Disney and Netlix are being affected on device for DRM related issues.  Switched HDMI cables.  Restart.  Firmware restart.  No success.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@njcolby

Thanks for the inquiry.

We believe the issue that this thread was opened for has already been resolved.

Can you please provide more information about specifically what you are seeing? What are the steps you are taking to reproduce this issue? Have you already removed, restarted your device, and re-added the channel?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos