Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jslukens

"Mode Not Supported" -- suddenly won't play Netflix

I have a Roku Premiere+ (Model 4630X) and for the last couple years I've played it on my Samsung 4K TV with no problems. A few days ago, I stated getting the below error screen whenever I tried to play something on Netflix. If I unplugged the Roku and plugged it back in, though, it would work. Today even that isn't fixing it and I can't get it to play Netflix at all. It will stream YouTube TV just fine, though, which is also through Roku and is using the same HDMI cable and port.

I went into Roku settings and had it auto-detect my resolution, which it correctly set to $K HDR at 30Hz HDCP 2.2.

Roku issue.jpg

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Mike84

Re: "Mode Not Supported" -- suddenly won't play Netflix

I have the exact same issue with the same equipment. Tried switching HDMI cable but the problem persists. The only thing that works is unplugging and replugging. And the issue is only wit Netflix.
0 Kudos
Invader

Exact same problem and solution, it works everytime I unplug and plug it in.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know what you were seeing. Please try checking for a system update in Settings>System>System update>Check now

One you've performed the update, try changing your display type selection back to Auto in Settings>Display type.

Please let us know if this helps clear up the issue you were seeing.

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
deanf

Hello.  I have the same problem with a Samsung TV.  I just updated Roku and the Auto Display setting.  No change in results.  "Mode Not Supported".   Regards, dean

0 Kudos
wanagama

Just happened to me for first time. I was just trying to get to my Roku welcome screen though. Unplugged did reset and was able to get back on. Also have a Roku premiere but model 4230X

0 Kudos
KKW

We have had the same issue with a Roku Premiere and Samsung TV. We’ve used it for a year and yesterday we got the message “Mode Not Supported” - I can’t even get to the Home Screen to look at the settings or update. The screen is black with the error message.  I have unplugged everything several times- nothing works! Help!

0 Kudos
JANTHUT
Reel Rookie

Same thing with me today after hooking up a new Roku Express. I spent 15 minutes setting up the home page and a couple of minutes on YouTube, then tried going to Netflix and now I have nothing. Unplugging and replugging doesn't do anything and the remote won't work to get me back to the system controls. Any suggestions??

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

@JANTHUT  This is an extremely old issue which isn’t effected by new Roku devices using the most current firmware. Can you tell me what model your Roku is? Did you just purchase it today? If so from where? Thanks

0 Kudos
JANTHUT
Reel Rookie

It just came by mail today - I believe I ordered it Monday from Walmart. Model # is 3930x. SN is 50093185j6ma.

0 Kudos