Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

purple stick. power but no signal

Similar topics have been posted and my apologies if I overlooked a solution but I could not find any.

Our purple M3500 stick now does not provide an HDMI signal to the TV although the white led is on indicating power. It just stopped working. It does not boot up.

Is there something to try on the remote ? Or with roku app ?

I tried on another TV without success. We have a newer stick which continues to work fine.

I saw posts on devices dying with apparent electronics issues and I fear the worst but hope is eternal. 

Contacting support is unavailable for this stick (although perhaps 5 years old}.

Any feedback appreciated

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: purple stick. power but no signal

I should add that a factory reset by pushing the small reset button for 10s showed the flashing led but then the roku stick still had no hdmi output.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

The purple 3500 stick was introduced in 2014, and was replaced by the 3600 two years later. Your 3500 is getting kind of long in the tooth, so it could have gasped its last breath.

The fact that you didn't get anything when tried on a different TV does make it sound like the problem is with the 3500. Just to eliminate the TV as the culprit, have you tried your other working stick on this TV?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you much for your suggestions. The result of trying them all is that the problem stays with the roku in all cases 

Disappointing but c'est la vie

0 Kudos