Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

picture size, I only have a small picture in the corner of my screen

I am only getting a small picture in the upper left hand corner of my tv screen when using my roku stick. It is like a picture in a picture but I do not have that feature. How can I get a full screen when I use the roku? I guess I should have went with a different brand so I could get the help I need. If I cannot get a full picture I'll return the roku and get a better streaming device.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: picture size, I only have a small picture in the corner of my screen

I've seen a number of these complaints but have yet to see any solutions or even suggestions. So all I can do is pass along a speculation.

It sounds to me like the Roku is sending a picture at a lower resolution than the tv is capable of, but the tv is not upscaling it, like an HD signal being displayed un-upscaled in a 4K tv. Have you tried experimenting with the Roku Display type setting (Settings > Display type) to see if a different setting fixes it?

Also, every tv set I'm familiar with upscales lower resolution signals it's capable of receiving automatically. Is there some setting on the tv itself that will enable or prevent the set from upscaling a lower resolution setting?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you so much for replying. I am not very tech savoy but I think during the original set up I missed something. I ended up  resetting something unplugged it waited then plugged it back in and it worked, I now have a full picture!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

I'm glad you got your problem solved, but unfortunately we didn't learn anything that will help the next person that comes in with the same problem.

Stay safe and healthy!

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had the same issue, but I tried what you did and just unplugged it for a few minutes. When I plugged it back in and turned everything on again, that seemed to do the trick! So it seems like just unplugging it for a bit does the trick. 

0 Kudos