Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: picture size, I only have a small picture in the corner of my screen

We did just that!! We unplugged HDMI cable and put back in after about 3 minutes. We now have a full screen!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

roku ultra displaying 1/4 of picture on tv screen

I recently purchased a Roku Ultra streaming player. I've notice several times now when I choose an app and try to watch a program the Roku is only displaying a picture on the left upper corner of the TV screen. I can unplug it and it will work or I can check for updates and it will work but it's getting tiresome. I shouldn't have to keep doing this to watch a program. What's up? How can I fix this permanently? 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: roku ultra displaying 1/4 of picture on tv screen

@pkaboo1234

Thanks for the post.

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Elgranpagan
Reel Rookie

Re: picture size, I only have a small picture in the corner of my screen

PIP also happened to me. All channels only displayed in PIP. My fix was to factory reset my Roku, which worked fine. 

0 Kudos
Fafasis
Reel Rookie

I have the information you said to include.  How do I provide this information?  It’s all channels displaying in upper left corner of the screen.  Brand new roku device.  Wasn’t happening when we first installed the roku 

0 Kudos
Fafasis
Reel Rookie

How do I fix this issue on my new Roku device?

0 Kudos
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

I was having the same issue. It seemed like it happened every time the Roku shut itself down the 1/4 screen thing would happen. It was annoying. Everytime it happened I had to unplug the Roku streaming device, plug it back in after about 20 seconds then wait for it to reboot. The other day I was looking through "settings" and I found this: Settings->System->Power. In Power, there was a box selected that said "after 20 minutes of no interaction" the Roku would shut off. I unclicked that box and I haven't had the 1/4 screen picture problem since. I don't know why that would cause that to happen or if it even has anything to do with it, but I'm glad, at least for now, it seems to be working properly. 

0 Kudos
Elgranpagan
Reel Rookie

My solution was to completely RESET the roku device.  Its a PITA.  However, that worked.  

DarinT
Reel Rookie

That never worked. I took off the cable then reconnected to get it back. I have to make sure I turn off the TV with the roku remote, then turn it back on and switch of to cable so this is a constant issue of Roku just not even turning on for days until I unplug it and plug it back many time. Its just junk. The only reason I have it now it to watch Apple TV. Xfinity added Disney Plus and once they add Apple TV or I get an Apple device for my TV im out and off this POS forever!

0 Kudos
djk44883
Channel Surfer

@Elgranpagan wrote:

My solution was to completely RESET the roku device.  Its a PITA.  However, that worked.  

You did this once and it's never happened again?

That's unusually great!  It seems no one has found a one-time fix for it to never reoccur.

0 Kudos