Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klogsdon
Level 7

onn Roku tv update 10.0 low dialogue audio issues

Jump to solution

Hello, ever since last 10.0 update the dialogue is extremely low on movies that hulu and hbo are pushing out as 5.1. The dialogue is so low that I have to crank up volume very high to hear, unfortunately when I do that the music and background noises are extremely way too loud.  I do not have surround sound or sound bar hooked up. I only have the internal tv speakers to rely on.  It's hard for me to explain as I am not tech savvy.  From what I am understanding is that anything a streaming app has listed as 5.1 my tv automatically pushes it through as though I have surround sound set up.  Is there a way to disable this?  I have tried everything. I go to settings-tv audio and have set it to stereo, but unfortunately that does not seem to fix it. When streaming movies in peacock app I can manually turn off the 5.1 within the app and that fixes the volume issue, but hulu and hbo do not let me manually turn off 5.1 in their apps. So I assume it needs to be disabled in roku settings, I just can't seem to turn it off.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klogsdon
Level 7

Re: onn Roku tv update 10.0 low dialogue audio issues

Jump to solution

hello there, thank you for the reply. I did change audio mode to stereo, but on my Roku tv there is no option to change HDMI to pcm-stereo.  I don't see anything in settings regarding HDMI

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Under menu path Settings > Audio try setting both:

• Audio mode to Stereo
  • HDMI to PCM-Stereo
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
klogsdon
Level 7

Jump to solution

hello there, thank you for the reply. I did change audio mode to stereo, but on my Roku tv there is no option to change HDMI to pcm-stereo.  I don't see anything in settings regarding HDMI

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Sorry, I didn't catch that you said it was a Roku TV in your title.  Your Roku capabilities are built in and accessed by internal connections, not via HDMI, so Roku TVs don't have that setting.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@klogsdon 

Different Roku TV's have different Sound Mode/Sound Settings options:

https://image.roku.com/c3VwcG9ydC1B/Roku-TV-User-Guide-10-0-en-US-.pdf

During playback, press Options (*) and either Sound Mode or Sound Settings and try the different options available.

0 Kudos