Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcars

no video on one tv but works on another tv. Roku ultra works on tv that roku 3 does not work on.

I have a roku 3 and roku ultra but unable to get roku 3 to work on tv but it will work on basic HDMI monitor or on another TV. When connecting I can hear audio but no video. I can attache the Ultra to the same TV and it works fine and I can attach the roku 3 to a different tv or monitor and it works fine. I have upgraded the roku 3 to the latest firm ware and still have the same issue of no picture on one TV but it woks ok on newer TV Any suggestions?  I have not had the roku 3 very long either.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: no video on one tv but works on another tv. Roku ultra works on tv that roku 3 does not work on

The Roku 3 that you have was released back in 2013. It’s not a new device and rather outdated. Did you recently purchase it from somewhere like Amazon? There’s probably something to defective in your Roku 3. Considering the age of it I’m not surprised

0 Kudos
bcars

Re: no video on one tv but works on another tv. Roku ultra works on tv that roku 3 does not work on

It was purchased on black friday last  year. ago from walmart.  It is just strange that my older Ultra works on the tv but the roku 3 does not.  If put the roku 3 on any other tv it works fine.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Are you sure it’s a Roku 3? I doubt Walmart would still be varying a Roku 3 since they are no longer manufactured. What’s the model number? If it works on one TV and not anther then there is nothing wrong with the Roku 

0 Kudos