Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: no playback on any channels

@mliebert wrote:

its plugged into the wall. the Roku tv I have is not playing as well.

If you have multiple devices that have the same issue, the odds are strong the problem is somewhere other than the devices themselves. Especially two such disparate devices as an Express and a Roku TV. 

I recognize that you might have other devices that work fine on your home network, but the network is still the first place to look. Try changing the WiFi channel your router is using. For 2.4 GHz, the best channels to use are 1, 6 or 11. Your router is likely set to auto, so you need to manually assign the channel. Look at the Settings/Network on your Roku and you will see what channel is being used now, then try one of the others. It might be as simple as WiFi interference, and changing the channel could resolve the problem. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
mliebert
Channel Surfer

how do i do that?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@mliebert wrote:

how do i do that?

It varies, depending on your modem/router manufacturer. And your ISP might restrict your access to make such changes, and if that's the case you have to contact them to make the changes. I got so tired of Comcast restricting my access to certain settings, I changed their modem to bridge mode and use my own router, so I have complete control of my WiFi. 

But in general, you access those settings either by logging into a web page on the router, or use an app on a phone or tablet. Whomever provided your modem/router can tell you how to access the controls. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos