As to the settings of my receiver: It does have Night Mode and it is turned OFF, always has been. As far as the leveling mode, my receiver does not have that. Therefore I assume that ROKU sees that as OFF as well. It is using fiber from the TV to the AVR. The power for the ROKU comes from the USB port in the TV without the long cord, just the short one..
Enable volume modes during playback
When streaming a movie or TV show, or watching content from another device on your Roku TV (e.g., cable set-top box, Blu-ray™ player), you can enable Automatic Volume Leveling or Night Mode from the options menu as described below.
- Start playback.
- Press the Star button star button on Roku remote on your Roku remote.
- Select Advanced sound settings.
- Use the directional pad to switch Volume mode to the desired setting. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
- Off: Volume modes are inactive and content volume is unmodified.
- Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.
- Night: The volume of soft sounds like whispering is increased while the volume of loud sounds like explosions is decreased, making it easier to hear your TV at night without disturbing others.
Note: In some streaming channels, the Star button star button on Roku remote is assigned a different function meaning it will not open the options menu as described above. In these cases, you must launch a different channel, such as The Roku Channel, and follow the steps above. Once the volume mode is switched, the setting will remain when you return to the original channel.