Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JOINT2JOINT
Level 7

new roku media player no longer playing audio files

I have a Roku ultra that was working perfectly until yesterday. I have a 2tb WD My Passport USB drive connected. The player still works fine for video, yet when I try to play an audio file, the player goes to the options menu and then to the Roku home page. I've tried re-booting and even removing the channel, but nothing works.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: new roku media player no longer playing audio files

How many music files do you have? The developers are aware of a problem with large libraries, but since it was working before that likely isn't the issue. I can play music fine through mine, but the files are not on a USB drive, but streaming via DLNA from my media server. But I know the developers test with local drives as well. 

When you uninstalled, did you reboot the Roku before adding the channel back? If not, the removal wasn't completed, and any problem would still remain when the channel was added again.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
JOINT2JOINT
Level 7

Thank you for your response. As a fact, I did not reboot before I reinstalled the app. Possibly, this is the issue. Thank you for your input.

0 Kudos
JOINT2JOINT
Level 7

All my files are MP3. I have around 3000. After taking your advice, I can access the files, yet I cannot  search, fast forward or skip tracks. When I try any action, I'm redirected to the Roku home screen. Do you have any idea what could cause this? I last added files a few weeks ago and the player was working perfectly until a couple of days ago.  

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@JOINT2JOINT wrote:

All my files are MP3. I have around 3000. After taking your advice, I can access the files, yet I cannot  search, fast forward or skip tracks. When I try any action, I'm redirected to the Roku home screen. Do you have any idea what could cause this? I last added files a few weeks ago and the player was working perfectly until a couple of days ago.  

I haven't tried trick play with audio files, so I'll have to test that. I know search doesn't work for me, because my DLNA server doesn't support it. But I can throw a few files on a USB stick and give it a try. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
JOINT2JOINT
Level 7

Thank you for your help. Everything worked fine until a few days ago. This totally baffles me.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 15

This most likely coincides with the release of RMP version 5.3.5 earlier this week (Tuesday).

Report it to @RokuChris

0 Kudos