Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Culligod
Level 7

neighbors headphones interferes

Headphones turn on automatically and I have no sound. I believe my neighbor has wireless headphones that are connecting to my tv. So frustrated that I think I just need to move away from a Roku tv and purchase a new one. Mine is not that old but o can never watch anything because I have no sound. Please help
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: neighbors headphones interferes

Go into the Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Device Connect and disable it. Note that this also disable the hotel/dorm connection function, but shouldn't be an issue with a Roku TV. you don't normally cart one along when traveling. Smiley Happy

I'm not guaranteeing this will fix the problem, but it should stop an unauthorized set of headphones from connecting. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos