Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrigid
Binge Watcher

must reset roku every time I want to wach

Jump to solution
Constant Reset in order to watch

I have to reset every time I want to watch. Enter IDs, passwords, email using loud slow voice, running back & forth from device to computer, pairing, the whole rigamarole Aand most of the time even that doesn’t work. I’ve managed to watch 2 movies in the last month; wouldn’t even dare try a series. Roku express 4K+ plugged directly into wall, light is blue with a little red edge. Sharp Aquos TV. At my wit's end. I’m 81 and pretty smart but don’t have time to become an expert on all these articles. If I have to hire someone, what is the name of the profession I’m looking for?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: must reset roku every time I want to wach

Jump to solution

Hi @chrigid,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
We sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@chrigid

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chrigid
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

now I can't even get the roku home page, so I'm going to have to give you the sn on the bottom of the package: S07P218R5LVC. Thanks

0 Kudos
Kcs1

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I just got my roku and I have to reset it every time I want to change channels

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I would do a factory reset and if that does work return the product.  That is not normal behavior.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @chrigid,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
We sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kcs1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. What Roku model device are you using? Can you please provide the serial number/device ID of your Roku device?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes that cause you to do a reset the Roku device?
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
chrigid
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

thanks, Mary

0 Kudos
MPWhite
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Each and every time, I access the HDMI port to use my Roku Streaming Stick 4+ (Purchased the week of July 4, 2022) I have to go through the complete setup of the device over again.  And of course all of my personal settings and preferences are then lost.

The Roku model device I have is: Model 3821X - Streaming Stick 4+
The Serial number/device ID of my Roku device is: X017002Y29J9

I see a massage that my device needs to be set up, I am sorry I cannot provide you provide a screenshot of the issue I am experiencing?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MPWhite, if you're using the TV's USB port for power and not the supplied power adapter, use the supplied power adapter.  If that doesn't help, it's time to return it.

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.