Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

most videos wont play. Gets to 99% and stops

Just bought a Roku Streaming Stick 4K a few days ago.  I can open the apps with no problem.   Hulu will play videos, Amazon will play no issue.    But Disney Plus will play a hand full of videos with no problem.  I can't get Vudu to load at all.  I've tried to watch videos on The CW app , CBS  and PBS. They load but wont get past 99% loaded. Then it sits there a while and says there was an error can't load.

The stick is close to my router.  We were having issues w/ our internet  the day we bought it so i just thought it was that. But 3 days later i'm still having issues.   I have tried to reset the Roku, reset my router. uninstalled apps and reinstalled them. I have updated everything.  Guy at Walmart said it would work with my tv.   I have LG Smart Tv. It was running out of memory so i thought  i would use this to get rid of some apps.  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: most videos wont play. Gets to 99% and stops

Hello @Mandee44849

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
JMFSR

So you want me to contact the 20-30 channels and subscriptions I have??? I don't think so.   I have two Roku's and both of them have this problem.   I'm really quick about restarting my Roku device, but I'm really tired of this problem.  It would be really easy to reinstall one of my Fire streaming devices.  Why don't you help me solve this problem.  

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @JMFSR

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? What's the model number of your Roku device? This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating Settings > System > About

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos