Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmieD1
Level 7

lost sound on my recent purchased ROKU streaming device

After using my ROKU for weeks, I have lost the sound when connecting to streaming channel. It worked fine when using last night but today I get a picture but no sound. My TV channels work fine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: lost sound on my recent purchased ROKU streaming device

@JimmieD1 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information?

What channel is this issue occurring on? Is this the only channel you are experiencing the issue with?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pennyj
Level 7

Re: lost sound on my ROKU streaming device

So far there is no sound on any roku channel I have tried, ie BritBox Tubi Acorn.  My regular cable channels are fine.  What should I do?

Logixred
Level 7

For the last week my sound has been going in and out.  We have tried different channels and when the sound is out it is out.  The only solution I have found is to reset the Roku device, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.  When the sound does come back it will go out again at random times till I reset the device again.  In resetting I have done it through the system menu and unplugging it and doing a hard reset.  What specific info do you need?

0 Kudos
RachelleParks
Level 7

Same here. Lost sound. It comes back but the next day it's out again. My roku is not even a year old. 

0 Kudos
Gladywolf
Level 7

I've notice the roku stick is really hot.

0 Kudos
Difig
Level 7

Re: lost sound on my recent purchased ROKU streaming device

My device worked fine last night and today I have no sound on any streaming channel. Nothing with HBO Netflix Hulu or Amazon Prime. Please assist.

0 Kudos