Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veronica1

lines going through picture

my second roku premiere picture is terrible.  Lines throughout the screen.  How do I fix this.  Says my internet connection is excellent.  No problems on my roku in the other room.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: lines going through picture

@veronica1

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting your device to another HDMI port on your TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable used to connect your device to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting this Roku device to another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gbell008

I am having the same issue with my Roku. I have one vertical line through the middle of the screen and one horizontal line through the middle of the screen. This results in the picture showing in essentially four quadrants. I have multiple Roku devices. I have swapped out the device With this television and HDMI cable and the new device works fine. It appears to be a problem with the actual Roku itself, not the television or HDMI, cord, or Internet connection. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gbell008,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. What Roku model device are you using? Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos