Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

glitching

My roku is less than one year old. It works ok most of the time but when I use certain apps it glitches. The screen goes from black back to what it originally was over and over. The only way to stop it, is to unplug and restart the device. I still can't use those apps though. Also my remote even though it has new batteries in it, doesn't seem to connect sometimes. I have to turn everything off and plug it back in to get it to connect to my roku. Please help

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: glitching

Assuming this is a Roku device connected to a tv, rather than a TV with Roku built in, do you have its USB power cord plugged into a USB port on the tv?  The USB ports on many tvs do not provide enough current to power a Roku device reliably, which can lead to many odd problems.  It's best to plug it into house power using the power adapter that was provided with the unit.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos