Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

cuts on and off after turning on

Roku stick+  Cuts on and off after turning on.  Starts out fine then does this and continues, then cutoffs do get longer between cutoffs, but still does.. And so much for Roku support, there is none

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 21

Re: cuts on and off after turning on

Are you using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port?  Try a different HDMI port on your TV.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Using the supplied adapter.  tried different HDMI port, was not any better.  Even reset and went through all that with no change

0 Kudos
Level 7

you may be having hdmi handshake issues.  i sometimes have this when the roku is connected to my receiver but not when connected to my tv.  i prefer the receiver connection to maximize my audio formats and not depend on the tv passing things through to the receiver.

i also have a chromecast that does the exact same thing.  the fault appears to lie in the receiver.

when this happens, i find it best to remove power from the receiver and roku and plug them back in.  give the roku time to boot all the way up before selecting its hdmi port on the receiver and all seems fine.  in time i eventually see it again.  i have noticed asking the reciever for info constantly may cause the problem again.  overloading receiver during handshake?  speculation but may be something similar with your tv.  you might try power cycling your tv as i did my receiver.

hope this helps.

edit:

btw:  my receiver and roku are HDCP 2.2 compliant.  my TV is only HDCP 1.4 compliant.

i have no trouble with the TV.

I'd bet heavily the HDCP 2.2 handshake is the problem.  knowing that does not help though...stuck with it.

0 Kudos
Level 7

i was cleaning up a previous post that might have helped you.  fairly long.  then the edit function crashed and threw the entire post away.  that's enough for me to stay away.  good luck.

edit:  previous post is back.  not sure if i am. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos