Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

buffering while watch Dazn

Just starting 3 weeks ago or so , while watching Premier League soccer on Dazn, I get the  buffering circle coming up  every 2 minutes. This only happens when watching a game played earlier in the day. If I watch a game from yesterday , there is no problem. If I watch a game that is happening "live" there is no problem.

I have another smart TV that I can get Dazn on  without using the Roku stick(3810X). It works fine all the time. I tried the Roku stick on that TV and the problem occurred as described above.

The Roku stick shows either excellent or good strength and indicates around 50mbps on average when checked through the Roku system.

I have reset/unplugged everything as suggested. I have removed the Dazn app and reinstalled. This problem continues. It takes over an hour to watch a 45 minute half game.

Had no problems for 15 months since purchasing the Roku then this occurs. Very frustrating. 

Any Thoughts?

48 Replies
Level 8

Re: buffering while watch Dazn

Yes, this is a hugely frustrating and a relatively new issue.

I have verified that I am able to stream the same game (you're right it seems to be same-day games) on a different device—in the same room to rule out WiFi strength/interference—using the DAZN app for that platform. Other streaming apps work fine.

It is definitely down to some combination of DAZN app for Roku and the Roku OS. I suspect one or more of the following:

a) DAZN have done a **bleep**ty, lazy job of developing their app for all the pieces of hardware they support (specifically lower-spec hardware like a Roku streaming stick)

b) Roku have broken compatibility with something the DAZN app uses which would mitigate buffering, in which case the onus is on Roku to sort it out, or communicate better with third-party developers in order to tell them how to update their apps for the platform.

Either way, dinner is ruined. I hope we can get this sorted out somehow.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I'm having exact same issues like yourself. Good to know that it is not only me. Contacted Dazn so we'll see if they can/will do anything about it. 

Level 8

Nice! Let us know. If they prevaricate or **bleep** around, I'll take a run at them also.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Having exact same issues, have contacted ROKU hopefully they can solve the issue, no fix yet

0 Kudos
Level 8

I have sent a full description of the problem to Dazn after a "Chat" and an email from Dazn. They also requested a speed test and IP info in an attempt to track the problem.

Lets see what they actually do to fix this

0 Kudos
Level 9

I have 3 Roku's, a stick and 2 expresses. About 1 month ago the stick came up with the problem, the expresses where working fine, I thought that there was a problem with the stick, but then a week later 1 express did the same, and the following week the other express.

I researched and most forums said internet speed so I spent extra money on boosting my bell fibe from 300 to 1.5G   .... Made no difference.

In my opinion the problem is related to the Roku software update.

I've been in contact with Roku, they say there is no way to revert back to old software.

We are still e mailing back and forth so far they have not admitted to a problem there end.

My DAZN works perfect through my Mobile via cromecast, but the Roku has better video playback control.

My one surprise is lack of people posting here, I'm sure there are many having problems

Level 8

By the way, DAZN seems to want to make it difficult to contact them. Here is their customer support email address:

dazncustomerservice@dazn.com

Level 7

Re: buffering while watching Dazn

we are not alone.

I am in the AV integration business and many of my clients are having the exact same issues.

My self I tried DAZN same day games on my Kids PS4 and had no issues with an okay wifi connection less than 40mbps I also have a cromecast and again no issues. My business partner in another region just swapped his Roku for a cromecast yesterday and is having no issues now.

This to me concludes that The Roku tech support team needs to collaborate with DAZN tech team if Roku wants to sell many devices. DAZN has over 8 million subscribers globally. The Premier League is the most-watched sports league in the world, broadcast in 212 territories to 643 million homes (copied from Google) the UEFA Champions league is watched by over 380 million viewers globally. ROKU needs to pay attention to these numbers

Level 8

Re: buffering while watching Dazn

Excerpt from an email response I received from DAZN customer support yesterday:

"Yesterday we had some technical issues with Roku Devices, our Tech Team has worked very hard throughout the night and I am happy to inform that the service has been reestablished."

Absolute nonsense. Still, I'll give my Roku a try tomorrow before replying, just so I can be 100% accurate in my observations regarding this issue.

0 Kudos