Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

blinking issues

My Roku keeps blinking off even when I’m watching something it will just blink off like 3 times and when I try to watch something else it will blink off again why is this

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: blinking issues

What Roku model and model number is it (Settings > System > About)?

How are you powering your Roku -- plugged into the USB port on your tv, or into a power adapter connected to your house power? Many tv USB ports don't supply the amperage needed to power a Roku reliably.  If this is what you are doing, try connecting it into the USB power adapter that came with it, plugged directly to your house power.  If you don't have the adapter, any USB power supply, such as you may have from an old phone, is okay as long as its output is rated at 5 volts and at least 1 amp (check the writing on the adapter - you may need a magnifying glass).

If you're already powering via USB adapter plugged into your house power, see if a different adapter helps.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos