Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rockou
Level 7

auto refresh rate now working with Netflix

I had the auto rfefresh option under advanced settings turned off on my Roku Ultra because it worked pretty bad with Netflix and other channels. It was especially bad with Netflix when you would be at the main gui it would be in 60hz then when an auto preview would play it would switch to maybe 24hz then you move the cursor to another movie and it would go back to 60hz then when the preview started playing, back to 24hz and so on.
Anyways yesterday I noticed the Netflix app had been updated and so I decided to try the auto refresh option again. Now it works right. All in the gui it stays at 60hz. If you play a movie that is 24hz it will change to it then  back in gui it stays in 60hz no matter what preview plays.
Still not sure if I like the pause inbetween refresh rate changes on my tv but at least it is working much better than it was before. YouTube still changes a lot but then that can't be helped with all the different refresh rates of videos out there.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Bacon
Level 9

Re: auto refresh rate now working with Netflix

Nope, just checked and it’s still broken and flashes black when previews auto play.
0 Kudos
rockou
Level 7

Works for me. What is the UI build of Netflix on yours? Mine is 20180522_7678B-gibbon-r100-darwinql
I noticed the interface looked slightly different when I ran it today which is what made me look at the build number which shows it is from just 7 days ago.

Only remaining problem I see in Netflix is that the large Netflix featured show does switch refresh rates in the gui but not any of the other previews.
0 Kudos
Bacon
Level 9

Same build. Just checked again and yeah, it doesn’t seem to switch the refresh rate on small items, but it does on bigger ones. Initially I opened the channel and the launch page was ‘13 Reasons Why’ which caused my tv to lose the signal completely forcing me to power cycle.

Packing the Roku back up now. Netflix works fine on Apple TV 4K and has Dolby Vision to boot, so that will remain my primary streamer.
0 Kudos
rockou
Level 7

Ok thanks for checking.
0 Kudos