Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

audio/video is lagging with Disney Plus

we are using our Roku to stream disney plus. I have to keep using the repeat button to let the audio/sound sync. It is fine for about 10 minutes and then the sound is lagging and it doesn't match up with the video anymore. I have deleted the channel and then re-added, but it didn't change anything

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: audio/video is lagging with Disney Plus

I’m having the same issue. Have you happened to found a fix for it by chance?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@lainey18 @jbachman  Thanks for the note here. I have a few more questions to help better understand the issue you are seeing:

- What model of Roku device are you using? (Settings>System>About) 

- What specific movie or tv show (episode/season) were you watching when this issue occurred? 

- Is your Roku device connected directly to your TV, or to an A/V receiver? Are you using an A/V receiver for surround sound, or just standard stereo audio from your TV? 

- During playback of content inside the Disney+ channel, press the * key on your device. Look for the 'Volume Mode' option. Try turning this to 'Off'. Does that resolve the issue? 

With more details, we can continue looking into this to see what other suggestions we can make. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Model: Roku Express HD from Walmart

Movie/Show: It has happened on Avengers End Game and Captain Marvel. Those are the only two on Disney+ that I’ve tried so far. All other apps (Food Network Go, Cooking Go, Netflix, etc) seem to be working fine. 

Connection: Directly to TV via HDMI cable

Volume Mode: I’ll have to try that later tonight when I’m home. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Did anyone manage to fix this problem? It’s really annoying. Everything else works fine but not dineyplus

Level 7

I did fix it! I had to do something with the audio setting. Let me look and see if I can find it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Try this :

FIXED! After hrs of trying everything under the sun. Go to Roku Settings, then to Audio. Put it on Stereo and also on PCM.

0 Kudos