Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pops37
Level 7

audio turns off on ARC

Hi . I have problem. When using ARC the AVR audio will stop after each video segment. So one option I added optical and turned ARC off (also moved HDMI to port 1 for input only to TV (55C803)). However after lots of setting changes I still do not get any audio over the optical at the AVR (yahama v-375).
But best solution would be to make ARC work without shutting audio off after each segment. For example watch Crackle start movie then must switch AVR to another AV then back to AV set for HDMI ARC. When a commercial starts the audio at the AVR goes off. Must do the AV port change again. And again when next movie segment starts. And so on...

Please help
P.s. sugest y'all have a test audio page in system settings that would send test sounds . Thanks

0 Kudos
15 Replies
apodtele
Level 7

Re: audio turns off on ARC

I experience a similar problem with ARC. It is possible to recover from dropped ARC connection by switching your receiver to another channel and back to AV4. Please try. What is your Roku device?
0 Kudos
Pops37
Level 7

Yes I have the same fix (swutch AV ports to recover audio). (Roku:55C803)
Hope to get advice how to fix right. No joy right now. And when I tried optical there was no audio at all.
I looked at your link it sound like same issue.
Let me add an observation. I can see the AVR is live for audio while I surf Roku. As soon as I select a segment the AVR does a recycle of sound settings and the audio goes off. If I use the BACK button on Roku remote the AVR recycles and audio is ON for surfing.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

What AVR are you using?  We've tested with a large variety of sound bars and AVRs, but the ARC and CEC implementations vary considerably.
0 Kudos
apodtele
Level 7

Hi RokuBen!

Yamaha RX-V575 with TCL 49S405 for apodtele.
Yamaha RX-V375 with TCL 55C807 for Pops37.

I hope you have a (newer) Yamaha receiver to test? It is strange that the workaround involves poking the Yamaha inputs but the breaking event happens on the Roku TV side.

Thank you for noticing us.
0 Kudos
Pops37
Level 7

Ditto thanks for looking. If you need some option tested or more info please ask. My TCL 55C803.

Ben will you be looking for a solution for this issue? Does this mean I do not need to call customer support?
Regards
0 Kudos
Pops37
Level 7

Howdy @RokuBen. Is there any progress on this issue?
There must be other TCL custoners with same problem just not reporting.
Please update us. Thanks
0 Kudos
Pops37
Level 7

UPDATE: I noticed that if the segment is audio only then the ARC audio is good does not drop off.
For example FOX News channel selected Live Audio and all is well. same for some stream radio only with no video content. Hope this helps.
Please help solve this issue.
0 Kudos
Pops37
Level 7

Another updare: this input from TCL email support gave a solution that works for me. Thanks TCL

Thank you for reaching TCL Email Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Please you’re your television into PCM-Stereo. Please see steps below.

1. Go to Home Screen.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Audio.

5. Select S/PDIF and ARC

6. Then set it to PCM-Stereo

Note if still not working, try the other option on S/PDIF and ARC.
0 Kudos
Pops37
Level 7

P.s. I have asked support if this solution will cause my D & DTS to not work. More later.
0 Kudos