Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: audio turns off on ARC

This is outstanding news! I hope an official fix will follow an official workaround. I will keep checking every new firmware roll-outs.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Any further updates on this? I am glad to have it temporarily working with stereo but would prefer to have Dolby sound Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It appears that the problem is only with Dolby D+, either manually set or auto detected. A step down to Dolby D got me going. I mean that you don't have to step al the way down to PCM Stereo. Dolby D,DTS might work just fine.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I tried stepping down to Dolby, DTS and still had the problem. But once I dropped to Dolby, the audio drop out problem went away. Since it is still surround sound, I can live with it. My setup is HDMI ARC to my receiver. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I turned the TV speakers off and back on from audio menu a couple of times and it seems to have worked
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

is this fixed yet? my arc hdmi cuts off all audio sound as well...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I called 800 935 8880 Roku and was told that ARC is not for Roku......when the **bleep** are U going to fix it....?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku disrespects it customer by making them jump through all kinds hoops to complain about the ARC not working and forcing us to only get Stereo....on our $1000 receiver....stereo was invented in 1960...where are you making us go back to stereo..

0 Kudos