Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gt77
Level 7

apple tv channel not opening

Jump to solution

when i try to open the apple tv channel on my roku streaming stick, it doesn’t open correctly. it “zooms in” for lack of a better phrase. like it thinks my tv screen is 50% larger. i can’t navigate the channel. i don’t have access to my library. really mucks up the whole thing

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: apple tv channel not opening

Jump to solution

Does it help to set your Roku to your tv's actual resolution instead of "Auto detect" under Settings > Display type ?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6\
atc98092

Jump to solution

The first two steps are simple. First, reboot the Roku. Either pull the power for 15 seconds or so, or use the System Restart function in the settings menu.

If that doesn't change anything, then remove the channel and reinstall. To remove, move over the channel icon and hit the * button. Select "Remove channel". Critical step: reboot the Roku as mentioned above. If you don't restart it, the uninstall wasn't complete. After it reboots, add the channel back in again.

Still no luck, come back and provide additional information, such as the make and model of the TV.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
gt77
Level 7

Jump to solution

i have uninstalled the channel and reset the roku device countless times. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

OK, that's been established. Now, what sort of TV are you connected to? When the image is enlarged as you mentioned, most TVs have a control for aspect ratio and zoom that for some reason might be triggered when Apple TV is started. If your TV remote has such a button (might be labeled pic size, aspect, or maybe a pictogram like my Vizio remote), check its setting before you start ATV, then again after starting it, just to see if the setting changed. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Does it help to set your Roku to your tv's actual resolution instead of "Auto detect" under Settings > Display type ?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

View solution in original post

gt77
Level 7

Jump to solution

that did it!

0 Kudos
Bob4720
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a roku 3900x my tv is just a HD not a smart tv .apple was working but for weeks apple tv won't OPEN! Just loads to 100% and nothing ???

0 Kudos